Dear EFCP members,
This wave of Covid-19 continues to spread across the United States and the Phoenix area as we speak. During 3/13 afternoon, President Trump officially announced that the United States will enter the National Public Health Emergency. Because of this, our Elders and Deacons held an emergency meeting again tonight to discuss the response. During the meeting, we decided that from 3/15 until 3/29 all the meetings in the church will be changed from on-site gathering to online meeting mode or cancelled. At the end of March, we will evaluate and decide whether to resume normal gatherings or continue to maintain online gatherings based on the pandemic situation at that time.
The implementation of this decision is described below:
• Due to the limitations of the church's Internet bandwidth, we cannot do live streaming at this time. So on Sunday 3/15, we will record the entire service for both Chinese and English, including both worship and sermons. Brothers and sisters can watch this video as early as Sunday afternoon. Therefore, other than the worship team and A/V coworkers and the pastors, everyone else should stay at home and worship using pre-recorded worship and sermon.
• Since this is the first time that we are doing this, we will evaluate this method based on the results and feedback from this Sunday 3/15. If changes are needed, we will adjust them in the following Sunday services on 3/22 and 3/29.
• Outdoor service on 3/29 will be canceled and will be conducted in separate Chinese and English services on-line.
Adult Sunday School:
• 3/15 classes are postponed.
• If the technical problems can be overcome, we hope to resume Sunday school for adults on 3/22 online. Details on how to conduct classes online will follow shortly.
Children's Sunday School:
• All children ’s Sunday school will be suspended during this time. The church encourages parents to use Sunday worship videos for family worship to make up for the lack of class time.
Wednesday Prayer Meeting:
• Starting this coming Wednesday 3/18 prayer meeting will be conducted online using ZOOM software. Pastor's office will send the invite about the online prayer meeting through LINE and Email, and everyone can participate in the online prayer meeting.
Tuesday and Friday small groups:
• In principle, group meetings are not cancelled, but must be conducted online; the church will evaluate and see how the online small groups will be conducted. At that time, your small group leader will notify everyone separately.
I would like to thank you for your continued cooperation and support to the church as it responds to the Covid-19 pandemic, and your prayers for church leaders and pastors. Your prayers and cooperation are the key to the church overcoming this crisis. In addition, we know that the situation can change rapidly, so we will continue to update everyone and respond to any changes in the pandemic. Brothers and sisters are also encouraged to give feedback to any of our elders/deacons or pastors at any time, and we will incorporate them as much as possible. Finally, in this seemingly turbulent environment, let us look up together at our loving and unchanging Lord. He is our rock and fortress, and He is our ever-present help. Let us raise our hands in prayer at all times, praying for the church and for ourselves and our families. May God have mercy on us and keep every brother and sister and family in the church safe from this pandemic.
May God watch over us and make His face shine upon us and give us peace,
鄭培德牧師Rev. Peter Jeng /王博民牧師 Rev. Po-Min Wang/長執會全體長執
鳳城台福教會 Evangelical Formosan Church of Phoenix